The 2021 US Servas National Conference is scheduled for October 29-31 in Reidsville, North Carolina, about 1.5 hours from Raleigh and about 3 hours from Asheville. (Previously advertised dates and location are no longer correct.)
Come delight in the golden hues of the Fall in NC, surrounded by the tranquility and the adventure of the lake and forest around you.
Come for an enriching experience with many opportunities to enhance your engagement with stewardship of the Earth, peace-building, justice, travel and intercultural understanding, as well as an opportunity to connect directly with our amazing speakers and other Servas members from the local area, the country and the world.
Events in the works: talks by renowned speakers on conservation, peace-building, forgiveness, travel and racial justice; an open-mic session to share Servas stories around a campfire; a night of dancing; a special screening of the movie Kiss the Ground; guided nature walks; optional canoeing for $20/person/4 hour block (5 years and up); an optional team-building/peace-building low-ropes obstacle course for $15/person/3 hours); an optional group trip to Red Oak Brewery, thirty-four miles away, which uses the Bavarian Law of Purity from 1516.
A few other notes of interest:
- Non-Servas members (who share our passion for world peace, cultural exchange and making the world a better place) are welcome to attend the conference. Come for one day (Saturday) or come for all three days — your choice! Or catch a presentation remotely for a fraction of the cost from the comfort of home. Virtual options coming soon.
- Your three-day registration fee includes a 2-night stay at a cabin on-site and 6 all-you-can-eat meals at the Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H Educational Center (804 Cedar Ln, Reidsville, NC 27320).
- Each room in the on-site cabins can accommodate up to 4 people, so bring a friend or bring the whole family along! (Bed-linens not included unless you pre-order sleeping bags.) Due to COVID, we will only put one household per room unless otherwise requested. WiFi available on-site.
- If you would prefer to stay off-site, we recommend booking a local Airbnb or VRBO for an additional fee.
- Families with children welcome too. Special rates available.
We expect the event to fill up fast so reserve your spot now! After September 6th, prices will go up by $10 per person for the one-day registration and $25 per person for the three-day registration.
To renew your membership go to https://usservas.org/user. If you can’t remember your password, click “request new password. Your account is still active!