Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates & Information
We understand Servas host and traveler concerns surrounding coronavirus and its potential impact on travel plans. The safety of our Servas community is our highest priority.
We recommend closely watching the travel advisories from the U. S. Department of State and updates from the World Health Organization.
Make sure to protect yourself, your family, and your community by ensuring best sanitation practices:
- Wash your hands often (for a minimum of 20 seconds).
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid large gatherings of greater than 10 people.
- Maintain a distance of 10 feet to anyone coughing or sneezing.
- Stay home if you feel ill or have a fever or cough.
- If you have a fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early.
- Follow directions and advice from local health authorities.
- Stay up-to-date with the World Health Organization and CDC guidelines.
US Servas is advising that members:
- Stay up-to-date with the local health advisories in the communities in which you are travelling.
- Notify your hosts as soon as possible if you have to cancel your travel plans.
- Notify travelers as soon as possible if you are no longer able to host.
- Have a back-up plan if your host is unable or unwilling to host you.
This is a rapidly evolving situation and travel plans can change at any time. This can include airlines cancelling flights and cities enforcing quarantines. Be prepared, check ahead of time, and take extra precautions in case your travel plans may be affected.
Ways to remain active with Servas while #socialdistancing:
- Host virtual happy hours with Servas friends to bolster human connection.
- Plan a future Servas Experience, Making Connections project, or Just Views gathering in your community. Get involved with a US Servas program here.
- Send your works of art to Jean Luc for the Servas Artist exhibition at the Samara State Institute of Culture this spring. More information is here.
- Catch up on the US Servas Open Doors newsletter.
- Consider volunteering for US Servas. Check out our volunteer positions available!
- Contribute financially to peace initiatives.
World Health Organization (WHO) https://www. who.int/
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) https://www. cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html