Are you planning on attending the 2018 US Servas Conference in June? Why not extend your stay and explore Chicago? There’s so much to do in the Windy City, the City by the Lake, the Second City, Chi-Town! Plan a vacation in Chicago around this year’s Servas Annual Conference. We’ve compiled a top 8 list of things to do in the area to help you plan your trip.
1. Start your vacation early with a morning cup of Chicago-based Intelligentsia coffee. Established in 1995, they have quickly exanded to over six cities nationwide and currently operate six stores in Chicago.
Photo credit: intelligentsiacoffee.com
2. Then with a spring in our step, head over to Millennium Park for a state-of-the-art collection of architecture, landscape design and art that provide the backdrop for hundreds of free cultural programs including concerts, exhibitions, tours, and family activities.
3. Afterwards, you can walk to The Field Museum for an afternoon of science and natural history exploration. You can purchase an all access pass for just $38! (Youth, senior, and student discounts available)
Photo credit: www. fieldmuseum.org
6. Of course, you’ll have to take advantage of the night life. So before turning in for the night, make your way to the Green Mill Jazz Club to hear the sounds of 1930s and 1940’s Chicago brought back to life.
Photo credit: chicagotribune.com
7. If you have another day to spend in Chicago, take a tour of Wrigley Field, the home of the Chicago Cubs, one of the city’s two Major League Baseball franchises.
8. Before leaving the city, take the time to step out onto the Willis Tower Skydeck for an unrivaled view of the city.
Know more awesome places in Chicago that we missed? E-mail us at email@example.com so we can add them to the list!