Are you a Servas member from the ages of 18-30? Are you interested in working for a more just and peaceful world while improving your language skills? We have the answer for you! Servas Youth Language Experience (SYLE) is a program designed to offer you a month-long language immersion in another country. This experience will allow you to improve your language skills while continuing to build on the Servas mission of spreading peace and creating social justice.
*For information on SYLE if you are wanting to host, and are based in the USA, so are looking for a member from abroad, log into Servas International (Servas.org), and read about SYLE under “Activities”, which is under “Identity and Goals” Also this is a pdf guide from the International director of the SYLE program: What is Syle-Guidelines 2020 .pdf
- Work for peace
- Live in another culture
- Learn another language
- Become a better traveler for world peace and justice
Download the PDF below to read the fill SYLE procedure
A first-time SYLE traveler pays $49 for a Letter of Introduction that is valid for twelve (12) months.
US Servas is proud to present the Mogerman Youth Scholarship fund. Long-time Servas member and past Board Chair, Dennis Mogerman, is offering SYLE scholarships.
- Two (2) $1,000 scholarships are available annually for individuals who plan to participate in SYLE (up to $1,000 per applicant).
- Once the SYLE application and Scholarship request have been approved (and airline and hosting arrangements have been made), the first half of the scholarship money will be sent to the recipient ($500).
- Article and photos must be submitted within six weeks of the trip.
- The second half of the scholarship will be awarded after the completion of the SYLE.
- To apply or receive more information, contact email@example.com.
Click on the map below to see some of the past SYLE travelers’ stories and photos!
Below is the list of all Servas countries. While SYLE is not guaranteed in all of the countries listed below, we would love to work with you! E-mail us and we will do our best to support you in planning a trip of your life!
|Canada||Belgium & Luxemburg||Burundi||China|
|Chile||Britain (UK)||Cameroon||Hong Kong|
|Colombia||Bulgaria||Congo Brazzaville (RC)||India|
|Dominican Republic||Czech Republic||Gambia||Israel|
|Trinidad & Tobago||Iceland||Nigeria||Nepal|
|Romania||United Arab Emirates|
E-mail the office and provide a brief background about yourself and why you wish to take part in the SYLE program. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
This section is still under construction. Please check back again later!