**Registration Closed October 15, 2021 **
The 2021 US Servas National Conference will be held from 10/29-10/31 in Reidsville, North Carolina , about 1.5 hours from Raleigh and about 3 hours from Asheville.
Click Here for the Program (as of Oct 27)
Click Here to see the Presenters
Venue Maps and Nearest Airports
Sustainability Travel TipsCOVID Protocol
Come delight in the golden hues of the Fall in NC, surrounded by the tranquility and the adventure of the lake and forest around you.
Come for an enriching experience with many opportunities to enhance your engagement with stewardship of the Earth, peace-building, justice, travel and intercultural understanding, as well as an opportunity to connect directly with our amazing speakers and other Servas members from the local area, the country and the world.
Events in the works:
- talks by renowned speakers on conservation, peace-building, forgiveness, travel and racial justice
- an open-mic session to share Servas stories around a campfire;
- a night of dancing
- a special screening of the movie Kiss the Ground
- guided nature walks
- optional canoeing for $20/person/4 hour block (5 years and up);
- an optional team-building/peace-building low-ropes obstacle course for $15/person/3 hours)
- an optional group trip to Red Oak Brewery, thirty-four miles away, which uses the Bavarian Law of Purity from 1516.
A few other notes of interest:
- Non-Servas members (who share our passion for world peace, cultural exchange and making the world a better place) are welcome to attend the conference. Come for one day (Saturday) or come for all three days — your choice! Or catch a presentation remotely for a fraction of the cost from the comfort of home. Virtual options now available!
- Your three-day registration fee includes a 2-night stay at a cabin on-site and 6 all-you-can-eat meals at the Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H Educational Center (804 Cedar Ln, Reidsville, NC 27320).
- Each room in the on-site cabins can accommodate up to 4 people, so bring a friend or bring the whole family along! (Bed-linens not included unless you pre-order sleeping bags.) Due to COVID, we will only put one household per room unless otherwise requested. WiFi available on-site.
- If you would prefer to stay off-site, we recommend booking a local Airbnb or VRBO for an additional fee.
- Families with children welcome too. Special rates available.
Three-day attendees will have access to the grounds from Friday 10/29 (3-5 PM registration) through Sunday 10/31 a 5 PM. Registration for all three days includes on-site housing for two nights and 6 on-site all-you-can-eat meals. (One day participants may check-in Saturday from 6-8:45 AM.)
Tent camping is also available, at no additional charge, for those who wish to bring camping equipment. Bring a refillable bottle: free filtered water is available on-site. Be prepared in case of cold weather or rain.
All participants will be expected to respect quiet hours from 10PM to 6 AM. No water balloons, pets (except those aiding the visually impaired), firearms, ammunition, fireworks, explosives, flammable liquids, power tools or poisonous substances allowed on-site.
Fees paid for registration, housing, and meals may be refunded in full if the request is made on or prior to August 25, 2021. Any request for a refund made after August 25, 2019 will be charged a $25 service fee. To request a refund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (707) 825-1714. Failure to comply with COVID protocol will result in being turned away with no refund offered.
For all other questions, please contact Mary Lee Behar at cell: 310-309-9556 or email: Mary.Behar@usservas.org (link sends e-mail).