What is the science behind Climate Change? Is there hope? What can we do?
In about 35-40 minutes, Jeff Steuer will present “Climate Reality” -
1. THE SCIENCE OF CLIMATE CHANGE - its causes and impacts, including:
- The latest developments in climate science
- How the crisis is impacting the world today
- The urgency of shifting from dirty fossil fuels to renewables.
2. HOW CLIMATE CHANGE IS TRANSFORMING DAILY LIFE FOR COMMUNITIES AROUND THE WORLD
3. SOLUTIONS AVAILABLE TODAY
Then, he will open our session for questions and concerns.
Jeffrey J. Steuer, describes himself as a citizen interested in Climate Change; however, he has an impressive background: Scientist Emeritus, U.S. Geological Survey, Water Resources Discipline. With an M.S. in Hydraulic Engineering, University of Wisconsin, Madison & a B. S. Ocean Engineering, U.S. Coast Guard Academy. Jeff is a retired water engineer from the USGS Geological Survey and has worked as a Professional Hydrologist for the State of Wisconsin.
Jeff, the author of many scientific publications, took Al Gore’s “Climate Reality Training” in April 2021.
He is a US Servas Interviewer, and he and his wife Amy have been Servas hosts since 1982, as they lived in Mobile, Al, New York City, and now Madison.
Jeff Steuer is an excellent guide for us in finding out more about the reality of Climate Change - and what we can possibly do.
Come join us to learn and to share.
Banner photo - NASA
What is a reason for you to take action?
Please Register in Eventbrite